Among my family members, my sisters, Aida and Hanna are pretty good at baking. They know baking 101 and even had made some money out of baking a few years back. I remember there were times when I helped sell their cupcakes in my college in 2015 and also watched them make a wedding cake. Definitely proud of them.
After years of observing them doing the magic, I decided to give baking a try. I’m well informed that baking is a whole different world than cooking, but I still insisted to not really abide by the measurements. Let’s see if it works then.
So, yesterday afternoon, I successfully baked some awesome muffins woohoo! I opted to make some banana chocolate muffins and referred to this recipe which I’ve had my eyes on for so long. The recipe is meant to be healthy, but my lazy ass decided to add some brown sugar. Sorry, Lacey. And, I tweaked her recipe a bit where instead of chocolate chips, I used chocolate compounds.
So, let’s get our hands dirty now.
Banana Chocolate Muffins Inspired by A Sweet Pea Chef
Ingredients: ripe bananas, salt, flour, egg, vanilla extract, baking soda, chocolate compound, brown sugar (optional)
Tips: always choose ripe bananas because they taste sweeter than the normal ones!
1. Mashup those bananas. In my situation, I used the base of a glass to smash it nice and soft. Simple.
2. Mix the wet ingredients with the mashed bananas.
3. Put the dry ingredients into the mixture and mix well. Try to see the consistency of the batter, make sure it is not too watery and not too dry either.
4. The best part – adding the chopped chocolate compounds into the batter. Imagine those chocolate melting inside your mouth later 😋😋😋
5. Mix mix mix and voila, you are ready to place them in the muffin paper cups! I used the ice cream scoop which made the job so much easier 💪🏻💪🏻 p/s: fill 2/3 of the cups since the batter will rise later on.
I baked these sixteen innocent babies at 180 degrees for 25 minutes. Just use any stick to check if they are fully baked. If it comes out clean, then you know you are minutes away from eating them.
never been this nervous while waiting.
Look at those babies.
Look at that gooey chocolate, waiting to be indulged……..
Perfect for tea time. Just perfect.
My sisters approved my muffins! Guess how many they ate?
Two each! *sprinkles confetti*
So, will I do baking again? Definitely yes! 🙂 ❤
[pictures were taken with Fujifilm X10 and edited using VSCO]